Skip to main content

Egypt, I am not leaving you till you are cleansed.

I used to feel so hopeless about this place. I remember those chats with friends when I said "I can't wait to graduate to leave this sh*thole". I can actually scroll down to my previous statuses and posts and see how desperate I sounded like after every forlorn incident which occurred during the past two years. But here I am, coming out of my flesh after muting my powerful inner voices. Here I am, not letting my mind trick me nor letting my heart lead me because freedom is way beyond a thought or a feeling. Here I am, letting the positive voices penetrates the fog and be deafeningly heard.

I have always believed in the revolution and I still do. I have always believed in the power of people and change. Thus, I am not too hopeful nor too hopeless; I am just waiting for the right moment of change and I won't let it go. We have everything; the streets, the voices, the spirit, the chants and the motto. All is ready for this moment of the real revolution because it should work. It will actually work, but only by those who never gave up. I am not speaking off anything related to the current political state of this country or the way this nation thinks right now. It has nothing to do with political parties or political views because when it comes to the wrongs rights, labels don't matter. It won't matter when this right moment come. 

Our long lost raped revolution was the beginning and the burning flame. It is not dead because ever since, the revolution inside my body hasn't died. There are millions of revolutions inside each and everyone of us, we just never notice them. And that's why I am still a bit hopeful, even if it's less than before. I might not feel as positive as now for the rest of the time till we rise again(maybe I won't even survive to this day), but I am sure this post will always be a reminder for the coming uprisal and it is also my vow to never giving up on what I truly believe in. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Types of Students you meet at CUFE.

Disclaimer: This post is for fun purpose, so you guys don't take it seriously. It is all about generalizing and no one is particularly targeted. 1- AIESEC Fanatics: They think they are the coolest people taking part in the most cool extracurricular activity. They MUST, I repeat, they must be wearing those lousy aiesec bracelets. They try too hard to look like a badass group specially when it comes to standing at their booth. 2- The Nerd-Extremist There are plenty of this type. Almost everyone in CUFE (Except me ofc). Students from this type would never let their GPA drop less than 4.0 or 3.9. Getting 3.89999999999999 might lead them to some suicidal acts or self-harm. They never skip a class and never leave a lost mark in a quiz unquestioned. 3-The top student-wanna-be These usually have a low IQ, but they are so pretentious. They stick to the nerds' asses and try too hard to befriend them. They never skip lectures,bytlaza2o fel drs w el TAs without mercy,

احداث كلية هندسة من يوم 28 نوفمبر حتي 10 ديسمبر.

بعد تطوّر الاحداث في كلية هندسة القاهرة قررت اني هاحكي كل حاجة بالتفاصيل لتوضيح الامر تماما. منذ بداية العام الدراسي و دايما كان بيكون فيه مظاهرات صغيرة عددها 100تقريبا (لم اتقن العد) داخل الجامعة تهتف ضد حكم العسكر و مؤيدة لرابعة. ماكنش بيكون فيه اي مشاكل و لا اشتباكات داخل هندسة مع العلم ان كان فيه ايام بيكون فيه برّة عند مسلّة جامعة القاهرة اشتباكات بس كانت مش بتدوم طويلا. يوم الخميس 28 نوفمبر, كان فيه وقفة كبيرة برّة عند جامعة القاهرة و كان الطلبة اللي عاملين مسيرة جوة هندسة واقفيت عند الباب الرئيسي لكلية هندسة الذي اُغلق امامهم لمنعهم من الخروج عند المسيرة الاكبر و ربما اغلقه الامن الجامعي لسلامة الطلاب لشدة الاشتباكات في الخارج. الطلبة ظلّوا يريدون فتح الباب و الخروج مع العلم ان الباب الخلفي عند مبني اعدادي كان ايضا مغلقا لموقعه جانب كمين الداخلية و دبابات الجيش المحيطة بالجامعة. تك القاء اول قنبلة غاز داخل كلية هندسة و اصدمت بمدني الادارة الموجود امام الباب الرئيسي تماما و تم القاء القنبلة الثانية و تطايرت بعيدا تماما عن مكان الطلبة المتجمعين عند الباب الرئيسي لتستقر امام

Four years of fluctuation.

Four years ago , I was full of hope. I strongly believed in my revolution, proudly talked about it and the 18 days of battles and glories. I praised the martyrs and was glad to see Mubarak and his gang finally behind the bars. I was excited about Egypt's tomorrows. I tasted victory, smelled freedom and saw happy dreams about a better future for my nation; I was satiated. I saw power, power of people and I absolutely admired our unity. Egyptians were happy and optimistic; for the first time, they felt worthy and lofty. Strangers felt like my people, we belonged to each other as we battled together. I remember the day Mubarak was toppled and everyone was hugging another around the streets with the fireworks above our heads. We saw change- I mean, we made it with our voices, struggles, sweat and blood. We touched glimpses of our future and it looked vivid enough. We saw a country that need to be built from scratch, and we were ready to it and the skies witnessed it all.   Three y