Skip to main content

The Third Revolution, September 9, 2011.


Two days ago, everyone was talking about the third revolution 9/9. I was excited to know what is going to happen. I started to read about the revolution’s official demands, but I wasn’t sure that I will go there.

Then the incident of the Ultras Ahlawy took place and twitter was full of hashtags about UA07 and Sept9. I had many point of views, one of them that I saw that the ultras have the full right to speak out their demands especially when some of them were taken to military trails by SCAF.

Friday’s dawn, I tweeted about freedom “Today is the day we will taste freedom again. We will rise and never be brought down. #tahrir #egypt #change #freedombut still I haven’t had decided that I will be there. I went to pray Friday’s prayer “Al Joma’aa” at a small mosque near my place. On my way back, I decided that I have to go. My minds kept giving me alerts that I must go because so and so and so.

First thing came up to my mind that my parents won’t let me go alone, so I decided to ask my sister but she said she is having headache. So I did nothing. Then I checked on twitter and I was so overwhelmed. I kept reading about the chants and marches and suddenly I found myself shutting down the laptop and telling my mother “I’m going, alone”.

I walked to the metro station. Dokki streets were too calm and quiet. You could barely see someone walking by, and so as the Dokki Metro Station.

I reached Tahrir, to find it too crowded. I didn’t know anything; there were just faces and faces. There was nothing important said on there. Then suddenly I found my ears taking me towards strong chants that I couldn’t hear it exactly. I walked to find a huge banner which belongs ultras being put over the traffic light “ Freedom to Ultras” then I looked down under that banner to find a huge crowd holding the Egyptian flags and chanting against the
Ministry of the Interior and AlAdly. They started their march from Mohamed Mahmoud Street and kept on marching till they reached the AUC Library. Their chants were too powerful and strong. It gave me chills and I felt the nostalgia of Tahrir’s days before the old regime was toppled.  Then they had to go to the Ministry of the Interior building and I had to head back to Tahrir as I was alone.

While I was on my way back, I noticed a man who looked to be at the end of forty’s. He was trying to look over my phone to see what I was tweeting about. He was holding an unfolded newspaper which seemed that he didn’t even try to open. He was wearing brownish black sunglasses which hided his face features under its dark lens, in addition to his mustache that gave him that special look of a spy or an agent who works for the state’s security.

I didn’t bother, but just walked away. I went to the stage, stood there for a while and listened to one of the Jan25th revolution youth’s speech. It was mainly messaged to AlMosheer Tantawy and SCAF.

I went to get some water and on my way back, there was another group of Ultras starting a march. It was too small, and the numbers kept increasing gradually and so as the voices that kept getting louder and stronger. While I was tweeting about that march, I found that man, again. I tried avoiding him till he walked away. The march walked around the square, and before entering to Mohamed Mahmoud street, I found that man next to me again. But that time he wasn’t wearing his sunglasses. I began to feel angry and annoyed. I looked at him, with an angry look till his eyes came to contact with mine. I wasn’t afraid and I kept looking at him angrily with a very sharp look, when he noticed me looking at him, he looked away very quickly and then he disappeared and I didn’t see him anytime again for the next three hours I was there.

The Ultras March was getting bigger, and also it passed by the 6th April movement. They chanted together for a while till ultras marched to Ahmed Mhamoud. The people at the buildings were chanting with us till the ultras began to chant loudly “WATER, WATER, WATER”. The residents started throwing too many water above us. It was a heavy rain of fresh cold water that gave the protesters more power and energy. Yes, everyone was afraid their electronics devices will get wet, but no one was complaining and they just walked away with smiles on their faces.

The march headed back to Tahrir square, and the number kept increasing. I wanted to stay there for longer, but I had to go back home.

From my point of view, Ultras were taking control over the square. All their marches were started by them. They were too powerful and so organised, may be more than The Muslim Brotherhood. At least, they don't run after any political chairs, till now. 


Long Live Egypt.  Long Live all the Arabs revolutions.
Freedom is our first demand; freedom is something you can’t take away from us anymore.


    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Types of Students you meet at CUFE.

Disclaimer: This post is for fun purpose, so you guys don't take it seriously. It is all about generalizing and no one is particularly targeted. 1- AIESEC Fanatics: They think they are the coolest people taking part in the most cool extracurricular activity. They MUST, I repeat, they must be wearing those lousy aiesec bracelets. They try too hard to look like a badass group specially when it comes to standing at their booth. 2- The Nerd-Extremist There are plenty of this type. Almost everyone in CUFE (Except me ofc). Students from this type would never let their GPA drop less than 4.0 or 3.9. Getting 3.89999999999999 might lead them to some suicidal acts or self-harm. They never skip a class and never leave a lost mark in a quiz unquestioned. 3-The top student-wanna-be These usually have a low IQ, but they are so pretentious. They stick to the nerds' asses and try too hard to befriend them. They never skip lectures,bytlaza2o fel drs w el TAs without mercy,

احداث كلية هندسة من يوم 28 نوفمبر حتي 10 ديسمبر.

بعد تطوّر الاحداث في كلية هندسة القاهرة قررت اني هاحكي كل حاجة بالتفاصيل لتوضيح الامر تماما. منذ بداية العام الدراسي و دايما كان بيكون فيه مظاهرات صغيرة عددها 100تقريبا (لم اتقن العد) داخل الجامعة تهتف ضد حكم العسكر و مؤيدة لرابعة. ماكنش بيكون فيه اي مشاكل و لا اشتباكات داخل هندسة مع العلم ان كان فيه ايام بيكون فيه برّة عند مسلّة جامعة القاهرة اشتباكات بس كانت مش بتدوم طويلا. يوم الخميس 28 نوفمبر, كان فيه وقفة كبيرة برّة عند جامعة القاهرة و كان الطلبة اللي عاملين مسيرة جوة هندسة واقفيت عند الباب الرئيسي لكلية هندسة الذي اُغلق امامهم لمنعهم من الخروج عند المسيرة الاكبر و ربما اغلقه الامن الجامعي لسلامة الطلاب لشدة الاشتباكات في الخارج. الطلبة ظلّوا يريدون فتح الباب و الخروج مع العلم ان الباب الخلفي عند مبني اعدادي كان ايضا مغلقا لموقعه جانب كمين الداخلية و دبابات الجيش المحيطة بالجامعة. تك القاء اول قنبلة غاز داخل كلية هندسة و اصدمت بمدني الادارة الموجود امام الباب الرئيسي تماما و تم القاء القنبلة الثانية و تطايرت بعيدا تماما عن مكان الطلبة المتجمعين عند الباب الرئيسي لتستقر امام

I don't know.

Some things happen without a sign or a miracle. I lost all my wars and battles, and I don't know why. I feel sad, all the time, like there is nothing that ever make me smile again although I try. I fail, and I don't know why. I am always down, being grabbed deeper below by some abstract force and I don't fight myself. I don't know how. I have lost interests in all what I have always loved and I can't go back. I can't get you, nor my old self back. I won't try because I know my inner voice will say 'I don't know'. I don't know what I am writing now or what's the point, but if you are asking; here's my answer: I don't know.  I take long walks into the dark side. I like it in a way that I have never known. I am messy, emotionally numb and confused. Don't ask, we both know that I don't know.  I watch people and sank into their moves and unspoken words. I know them all, but when it comes to me saying what I saw out loud, I just