Skip to main content

After midnight rants: A whispering self.

"I love you", my lips whispered to the breeze.

I don’t know who I am talking to or who should I be saying those three words to. It doesn’t matter. Words no longer know their way through me as much as I know mine through their maze. 
I like to write. I like the fact that I am writing now. I am not sure what I am writing, but it is art. I consider it one because right now, I am painting my brain and adding the last glimpses of confusion on my painting through kicking it all out in this pointless piece.
"I love you". These there words again.
I don’t know who I am talking to or who should I be saying those three words to. I have no clue.
The last time someone said these words to me was today. A close friend of mine said them to me, and they had no a single effect on me. I didn’t even blink. It is weird.
"I love you", "Bahebak/ek", "Seni seviyorum", "Je t’aime", "Te amo"..In all the languages, it was proven scientifically that these words have the strongest effect on a person. They were wrong. Words aren’t magic, but they know how to traumatize the weak. I can be saying the three words over and over and over, yet nothing.
"I love you". 
I don’t know who I am talking to or who should I be saying those three words to. 
Nothing.
Because I decide to not feel anything. I don’t open my palms for the words through my blood stream. I don’t let them freeze my nerves or reach my brain. I build my walls and only let the letters in, not the meaning.
"Reem, stop being harsh and mean. You aren’t dead inside" a background voice whispered to me.
And again, “I love you”.
Useless and bullshit. I can’t be moved.
Ah, I am not dead inside, but I choose to kill myself emotionally. I am alive, but I know my way through well and I take in no lies. I love writing and I know how a paragraph can make me fall for a person’s brain. I choose to not to let myself go. I can’t break free if it is going to involve people because mostly, people don’t mean what they say. I take it no more.
Throughout the decade I have been old enough to remember its scenes, Those three words were being abused by every human being I have met. It’s not my job to recognise whether they meant it or not, but too bad the eyes are there. I have watched people fall and stumble, breathe and die, smile and cry because of those three damned words. 
(I know I should end this piece now, but please let me finish)
And again, “I love you”.
I don’t know who I am talking to or who should I be saying those three words to. 
I have no feelings for anyone. I am indifferent and I like it. It’s nice.
My thoughts are racing and an innermost voice whispered to me: “I am in love with you”…
Yes, this. It is powerful. It is strong and it strikes. I am glad it is not literally abused as much as the other. I bet people are afraid of being committed to it. They should be anyway and I am glad they are, for the sake of not saying what they don’t mean but only choose to say it because it sounds as beautiful as their favourite movie script. Bullshit.
"I love you".

Maybe it is not related to words or language. Maybe I am lost or wrong. Maybe it is just a stage of denial because I am sure I have once loved..I am a human and I can’t be flawless and I could be tired.
"I am sorry. I am not capable of love any more." I whispered back to myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Types of Students you meet at CUFE.

Disclaimer: This post is for fun purpose, so you guys don't take it seriously. It is all about generalizing and no one is particularly targeted. 1- AIESEC Fanatics: They think they are the coolest people taking part in the most cool extracurricular activity. They MUST, I repeat, they must be wearing those lousy aiesec bracelets. They try too hard to look like a badass group specially when it comes to standing at their booth. 2- The Nerd-Extremist There are plenty of this type. Almost everyone in CUFE (Except me ofc). Students from this type would never let their GPA drop less than 4.0 or 3.9. Getting 3.89999999999999 might lead them to some suicidal acts or self-harm. They never skip a class and never leave a lost mark in a quiz unquestioned. 3-The top student-wanna-be These usually have a low IQ, but they are so pretentious. They stick to the nerds' asses and try too hard to befriend them. They never skip lectures,bytlaza2o fel drs w el TAs without mercy,

احداث كلية هندسة من يوم 28 نوفمبر حتي 10 ديسمبر.

بعد تطوّر الاحداث في كلية هندسة القاهرة قررت اني هاحكي كل حاجة بالتفاصيل لتوضيح الامر تماما. منذ بداية العام الدراسي و دايما كان بيكون فيه مظاهرات صغيرة عددها 100تقريبا (لم اتقن العد) داخل الجامعة تهتف ضد حكم العسكر و مؤيدة لرابعة. ماكنش بيكون فيه اي مشاكل و لا اشتباكات داخل هندسة مع العلم ان كان فيه ايام بيكون فيه برّة عند مسلّة جامعة القاهرة اشتباكات بس كانت مش بتدوم طويلا. يوم الخميس 28 نوفمبر, كان فيه وقفة كبيرة برّة عند جامعة القاهرة و كان الطلبة اللي عاملين مسيرة جوة هندسة واقفيت عند الباب الرئيسي لكلية هندسة الذي اُغلق امامهم لمنعهم من الخروج عند المسيرة الاكبر و ربما اغلقه الامن الجامعي لسلامة الطلاب لشدة الاشتباكات في الخارج. الطلبة ظلّوا يريدون فتح الباب و الخروج مع العلم ان الباب الخلفي عند مبني اعدادي كان ايضا مغلقا لموقعه جانب كمين الداخلية و دبابات الجيش المحيطة بالجامعة. تك القاء اول قنبلة غاز داخل كلية هندسة و اصدمت بمدني الادارة الموجود امام الباب الرئيسي تماما و تم القاء القنبلة الثانية و تطايرت بعيدا تماما عن مكان الطلبة المتجمعين عند الباب الرئيسي لتستقر امام

I don't know.

Some things happen without a sign or a miracle. I lost all my wars and battles, and I don't know why. I feel sad, all the time, like there is nothing that ever make me smile again although I try. I fail, and I don't know why. I am always down, being grabbed deeper below by some abstract force and I don't fight myself. I don't know how. I have lost interests in all what I have always loved and I can't go back. I can't get you, nor my old self back. I won't try because I know my inner voice will say 'I don't know'. I don't know what I am writing now or what's the point, but if you are asking; here's my answer: I don't know.  I take long walks into the dark side. I like it in a way that I have never known. I am messy, emotionally numb and confused. Don't ask, we both know that I don't know.  I watch people and sank into their moves and unspoken words. I know them all, but when it comes to me saying what I saw out loud, I just