Skip to main content

Dear Sir/Ma'am.

Egyptians do really need a reminder to help them flash back to Egypt before January's revolution, right away after the revoluion and Egypt today. Pushing aside the political battles and cunning crawls to reach the presidency chair, we need to zoom our lenses on the prevailing state of Egyptians' status to the government and police. Thus, I decided to write this letter to everyone who's taking their eyes off the turmoil happening here, to every person who sleep off their guilty conscience using the cheap excuse of "terrorism".

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

As a start, I am asking you to get back to your archive and search for the name "Khaled Saeed". Exactly, that guy who was brutally beaten to death by some police officer because he uploaded a video which detains their over the internet. That strong man, he was the spark, the candle and the flame for every single Egyptian. He moved everyone and stung the freedom-soft-spot inside every Egyptian citizen. He was the leader who wasn't really there with us, yet he was there between us. We went down the streets and chanted all the tunes of freedom. Many more martyrs followed and they lighted on Khaled's spark and made fires. We needed that and they will always be remembered. I was still sixteen back then and I didn't really know a lot except of what I saw by my naked eyes. I saw brutality, humans but no humanity, police officers killing people for speaking for their rights, and army's tanks going over the people inside their borders when it wasn't really a war zone. I don't really remember the political state and debates, but it doesn't matter because as for me, I am only nineteen and all I need is freedom not a chair nor a position. 

Things changed, brotherhood ruled and we shouted for freedom. Our case never change because freedom, equality and dignity is all we need. We want to live and that's all. The enemy is always the regime. Please, this is not Utopia, there's nothing called the army loves us, the army learned nor the police serve us. They have to serve us, they signed for the job. Serve us, not kill us. I don't care what the villain has done, there is a court for that. The police man doesn't get to shoot during a peaceful protest. And you, Sir and you, Ma'am, you are staying home, you didn't see the whole scene, neither did I. But because they have different demands than yours doesn't mean you can justify their death. You aren't a God and the media lies, always. It's a part of the game; politics. I won't indulge into that. 

Now I walk down the streets and see blood, you walk down the same street and decide to tilt your heads up to not see the blood, but know what? They martyrs' souls are flying up there. You can't really escape. I walk down the streets and see the security forces shooting down people and what's worse is that you are cheering for them. No, not every protester is a terrorist. Security forces are terrorizing me too. What if your son was passing by and you know, bullets know no labels. How would you react? I am not generalizing about any of the sides, but just so you know, your place is freedom before safety. You will never be safe when you are suppressed.
Khaled Saeed is you, Mina Daniel is your son, Sally Zahran is your sister, Gika is your brother and Belal Gaber you, again. See, today you are killed twice. Today you need to remember the past, or no you don't need to remember because it actually is happening now. But today, you should start over, not all over again because we must have learnt, but we should still start over with some parts because nothing comes free.

Sincerely,
You, Sir, and you, Ma'am and I are one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Types of Students you meet at CUFE.

Disclaimer: This post is for fun purpose, so you guys don't take it seriously. It is all about generalizing and no one is particularly targeted. 1- AIESEC Fanatics: They think they are the coolest people taking part in the most cool extracurricular activity. They MUST, I repeat, they must be wearing those lousy aiesec bracelets. They try too hard to look like a badass group specially when it comes to standing at their booth. 2- The Nerd-Extremist There are plenty of this type. Almost everyone in CUFE (Except me ofc). Students from this type would never let their GPA drop less than 4.0 or 3.9. Getting 3.89999999999999 might lead them to some suicidal acts or self-harm. They never skip a class and never leave a lost mark in a quiz unquestioned. 3-The top student-wanna-be These usually have a low IQ, but they are so pretentious. They stick to the nerds' asses and try too hard to befriend them. They never skip lectures,bytlaza2o fel drs w el TAs without mercy,

احداث كلية هندسة من يوم 28 نوفمبر حتي 10 ديسمبر.

بعد تطوّر الاحداث في كلية هندسة القاهرة قررت اني هاحكي كل حاجة بالتفاصيل لتوضيح الامر تماما. منذ بداية العام الدراسي و دايما كان بيكون فيه مظاهرات صغيرة عددها 100تقريبا (لم اتقن العد) داخل الجامعة تهتف ضد حكم العسكر و مؤيدة لرابعة. ماكنش بيكون فيه اي مشاكل و لا اشتباكات داخل هندسة مع العلم ان كان فيه ايام بيكون فيه برّة عند مسلّة جامعة القاهرة اشتباكات بس كانت مش بتدوم طويلا. يوم الخميس 28 نوفمبر, كان فيه وقفة كبيرة برّة عند جامعة القاهرة و كان الطلبة اللي عاملين مسيرة جوة هندسة واقفيت عند الباب الرئيسي لكلية هندسة الذي اُغلق امامهم لمنعهم من الخروج عند المسيرة الاكبر و ربما اغلقه الامن الجامعي لسلامة الطلاب لشدة الاشتباكات في الخارج. الطلبة ظلّوا يريدون فتح الباب و الخروج مع العلم ان الباب الخلفي عند مبني اعدادي كان ايضا مغلقا لموقعه جانب كمين الداخلية و دبابات الجيش المحيطة بالجامعة. تك القاء اول قنبلة غاز داخل كلية هندسة و اصدمت بمدني الادارة الموجود امام الباب الرئيسي تماما و تم القاء القنبلة الثانية و تطايرت بعيدا تماما عن مكان الطلبة المتجمعين عند الباب الرئيسي لتستقر امام

I don't know.

Some things happen without a sign or a miracle. I lost all my wars and battles, and I don't know why. I feel sad, all the time, like there is nothing that ever make me smile again although I try. I fail, and I don't know why. I am always down, being grabbed deeper below by some abstract force and I don't fight myself. I don't know how. I have lost interests in all what I have always loved and I can't go back. I can't get you, nor my old self back. I won't try because I know my inner voice will say 'I don't know'. I don't know what I am writing now or what's the point, but if you are asking; here's my answer: I don't know.  I take long walks into the dark side. I like it in a way that I have never known. I am messy, emotionally numb and confused. Don't ask, we both know that I don't know.  I watch people and sank into their moves and unspoken words. I know them all, but when it comes to me saying what I saw out loud, I just