Skip to main content

25th of Januray, 2013.

Right away after 25 January, 2010, people were hopeful. We were all being injected with that dose of Freedom that made us all happy. Everyone was walking in the street with a smile on their faces while bragging about how we toppled the old regime down. We were, literally, on the other side where the grass is greener. 
A year passed. 
Islamist and MB had more control, but we were still hoping. We convinced ourselves that they will not kill our hopes that got up too high after the previous year's achievement. We were all dreamers, with nightmares included. We just wanted to get rid of SCAF to be able to start ahead. Egypt was wounded; we either could have stopped the wound to make it leave a memorable scar, or leave her to bleed till she dies.
Another year passed. (We learnt it the hard way).
We kinda tried to heal Egypt's wound, but it wasn't the perfect bandage. It didn't fit so well, and Egypt kept bleeding more. Today, I was in Tahrir. It was so different and sad. It knew some hope, but with those shameful feelings buried deep down inside the people. There were no smiles nor joy. Everyone I looked into their face was feeling anxious and fragile; I don't know if it was because of how the MB lied to us, or because they actually gave up. I hope they don't.

We don't read the future and we are still trying hard to learn from the past. The grass is becoming so yellow even in both sides and the water doesn't work anymore. It won't work the typical way; we must decide to stand together this time. I know I am speaking of the impossible, but we never know. All I want to say that today, the people will do their best to regain their power. Today, our revolution continues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Types of Students you meet at CUFE.

Disclaimer: This post is for fun purpose, so you guys don't take it seriously. It is all about generalizing and no one is particularly targeted. 1- AIESEC Fanatics: They think they are the coolest people taking part in the most cool extracurricular activity. They MUST, I repeat, they must be wearing those lousy aiesec bracelets. They try too hard to look like a badass group specially when it comes to standing at their booth. 2- The Nerd-Extremist There are plenty of this type. Almost everyone in CUFE (Except me ofc). Students from this type would never let their GPA drop less than 4.0 or 3.9. Getting 3.89999999999999 might lead them to some suicidal acts or self-harm. They never skip a class and never leave a lost mark in a quiz unquestioned. 3-The top student-wanna-be These usually have a low IQ, but they are so pretentious. They stick to the nerds' asses and try too hard to befriend them. They never skip lectures,bytlaza2o fel drs w el TAs without mercy,...

Charlie's poem from Perks of being a wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

“Once on a yellow piece of paper with green lines he wrote a poem And he called it "Chops" because that was the name of his dog And that's what it was all about And his teacher gave him an A and a gold star And his mother hung it on the kitchen door and read it to his aunts That was the year Father Tracy took all the kids to the zoo And he let them sing on the bus And his little sister was born with tiny toenails and no hair And his mother and father kissed a lot And the girl around the corner sent him a Valentine signed with a row of X's and he had to ask his father what the X's meant And his father always tucked him in bed at night And was always there to do it Once on a piece of white paper with blue lines he wrote a poem And he called it "Autumn" because that was the name of the season And that's what it was all about And his teacher gave him an A and asked him to write more clearly And his mother never hung it on the kitchen door because of it...

Inner Bullshit: After Midnight.

It has been a long while since I let out my inner bullshit on my blog. I haven't been writing anything about my own feelings, or I didn't try to put them in words, pour them out through my shaky fingertips pressing on the keyboard buttons, confused and bewildered. I am not sure of what I want exactly and I am not sure if I going to do anything about it. As for now, I am trying to put the letters next to each other to end up making any sense. I have to let it out. I need to. I need to runaway, and by running away, I don't mean from the place where I am sitting right now. It's not about home, it's not about land and it's not about this fucked up country. Those things are really small compared to all what I have inside my head. It usually feels like a whole new universe but without a sun or a moon. Light and dark comes in the form of emotions and feelings. The worst thing is that there's no time or clocks and it only hits me. It hits and grabs me along as I ...